UnderGround Forums Weidman returning to MW, predicts Sat's main event

2/7/20 9:49 PM
1/1/01

"I've been through the highest of highs and the lowest of lows in my fight career. I really love what I do, and I believe I still have some great moments ahead of me! Can't wait to shut up all the haters! To all the people that have supported me through the ups and the downs, I appreciate it more than you know. I am more motivated than ever and I know the future is bright. Hopefully getting a fight booked around April back in the MW division!"

h/t Instagram

2/7/20 10:43 PM
3/24/15

He has got a long way to the title at 185 

2/7/20 11:46 PM
8/24/15

Its the ufc, big names are never far from a title shot.

2/8/20 12:47 AM
1/1/01
redruM14 -

Nailed it 

2/8/20 1:28 AM
1/24/20
redruM14 -

Do we really want to see him get blasted by Yoel again or have Izzy pick him apart like it's a video game? I kinda like the guy, but that chin ain't coming back.

2/8/20 1:44 AM
7/27/04
MahomesIsYourDaddy -
redruM14 -

Do we really want to see him get blasted by Yoel again or have Izzy pick him apart like it's a video game? I kinda like the guy, but that chin ain't coming back.

Yes we do,why not?also before any of that,I'd like to see Weidman vs Anderson Silva 3.

2/8/20 2:33 AM
2/5/20

For some reason I don't enjoy watching Chris fight. I'm sure he's a good guy and a good fighter but I feel like without Anderson we would barely know of him. 
just my opinion 

2/8/20 2:36 AM
9/10/14

He needs to bite the bullet and jump on the trtrain like everyone else.  His physique has, in my opinion, diminished considerably in the past few years.  I see casualties of mma war and feel terribly for the prideful ones. 

2/8/20 2:39 AM
8/7/12

I like Chris and i wish him the best in any endeavor. With that said he needs to have those around him sit him down and make sure this is really what he wants to do. Usually when a fighter makes a statement like that his fire has already been extinguished.

2/8/20 4:29 AM
8/18/13
ShakirasTongue -

For some reason I don't enjoy watching Chris fight. I'm sure he's a good guy and a good fighter but I feel like without Anderson we would barely know of him. 
just my opinion 

It's very true. Outside of the two Anderson fights, he defended against Belfort & Machida. Both were on the downside of their careers, and Machida still have him a hell of a fight. I don't argue the first Anderson win, Silvas clowning was part of his counter game, but that remains Weidmans only really great win.

Chris is the biggest myth in MMA, on his way to the title shot his best win was against a Munoz that was far from his best. 

Edited: 2/8/20 4:30 AM
12/31/09

This is still my boy.

2/8/20 4:29 AM
8/18/13
StopBanningMe -

He needs to bite the bullet and jump on the trtrain like everyone else.  His physique has, in my opinion, diminished considerably in the past few years.  I see casualties of mma war and feel terribly for the prideful ones. 

Drug users don't have any pride dude

2/8/20 4:48 AM
11/18/14
Dreville79 -
StopBanningMe -

Drug users don't have any pride dude

what do you know about my feelings of pride, you motherfucker!

2/8/20 10:08 AM
3/15/19

He needs to go train at Jackson-Wink and start taking whatever Jones takes where he can juice and test positive and still fight. I mean that's kind of a big advantage if you can make it work. 

Edited: 2/8/20 10:14 AM
2/5/20
Dreville79 -
ShakirasTongue -

just my opinion 

It's very true. Outside of the two Anderson fights, he defended against Belfort & Machida. Both were on the downside of their careers, and Machida still have him a hell of a fight. I don't argue the first Anderson win, Silvas clowning was part of his counter game, but that remains Weidmans only really great win.

Chris is the biggest myth in MMA, on his way to the title shot his best win was against a Munoz that was far from his best. 

In a weird way I look at it as Anderson lost that fight, rather than Chris won it.

no disrespect intended.

2/8/20 10:24 AM
4/2/11

Weidman vs Brad Tavares would be a good fight

2/8/20 10:35 AM
6/23/10

There's really nothing left for him to prove at any weight.  He's essentially the MW Shogun Rua.  He's too old and chinny for a title run, yet good enough for some stylistic fights against old dogs or young lions.  Legendary gatekeeper.

2/8/20 10:35 AM
2/5/20
QuintonRammedMyPage -

Weidman vs Brad Tavares would be a good fight

That's actually a great fight that I want to see. Thanks!

Edited: 2/8/20 11:08 AM
4/13/15
Dreville79 -
ShakirasTongue -

just my opinion 

I have to disagree with some of this.  Belfort absolutely was not what he was there is no doubt there.  Machida tho was 4-1 in his last 5 prior to the Chris fight and had those 4 wins were over Bader, Hendo, Munoz and Gegard. He was still in top form imo.  Also Chris dominated Anderson in the second fight untill that terrible injury.  Even the Rockhold fight was neck and neck untill he thought he was Bruce Lee.  His fall from grace has been bad and I don't think he gets near a title again, but I feel to call him a myth disservices a very meteoric rise with some very legitimate wins.  At the very least his resume has got to be up there with the toughest of all time

2/8/20 11:08 AM
10/6/02

Some people just do so much worse when NOT on the juice.. Others not so badly

2/8/20 11:32 AM
11/10/18

He should go to Bellator or One. He's done in the ufc and I'm not sure how well he'd do in those lesser orgs but he could at least supplement like he needs to.

2/8/20 11:58 AM
12/24/10

Let's be real- Now! Nice guy good for the sport. When you really look at his career he is not a top guy. He was juiced and hit a lucky punch. Silva was coming on clowning around and got caught. After that he never did anything vs a top tier guy- he lost every big fight after. Rockhold Romero, Souza, Moussai and Reyes. He is a slightly above average fighter who hit the lottery one night. I wish they would retire him and let him announce or give him a job representing the UFC. He presents well and is a class act.

2/8/20 3:07 PM
2/5/20
phatcat -

Let's be real- Now! Nice guy good for the sport. When you really look at his career he is not a top guy. He was juiced and hit a lucky punch. Silva was coming on clowning around and got caught. After that he never did anything vs a top tier guy- he lost every big fight after. Rockhold Romero, Souza, Moussai and Reyes. He is a slightly above average fighter who hit the lottery one night. I wish they would retire him and let him announce or give him a job representing the UFC. He presents well and is a class act.

To be fair, im fairly certain he knocked him out just off of instinct from training. What I mean is that it he went for it and got it. Still nowhere near Anderson's striking 

2/8/20 3:23 PM
11/28/03

poor guy

we see it so often, someone who was once top notch, passes their peak, and starts a string of losses

he thinks he can still be top notch

peak is usually around 30

he is 35

slower and more chinny

he had a great career, very few peak at the top, fewer defend the belt for years

time to retire, no need to take more damage

2/8/20 6:57 PM
11/10/18
ranier wolfcastle -

poor guy

we see it so often, someone who was once top notch, passes their peak, and starts a string of losses

he thinks he can still be top notch

peak is usually around 30

he is 35

slower and more chinny

he had a great career, very few peak at the top, fewer defend the belt for years

time to retire, no need to take more damage

I agree, but I very seriously doubt he can afford to retire and I guarantee he's not dying to work a real job for way less money.