UnderGround Forums WWE champ irked by Jon Jones' crossover talk

14 days ago
1/1/01

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently said his appearance in the WWE at some point in the future was "inevitable." Raw Women's Cecky Lynch, who has been training in professional wrestling since 2002, was not impressed.

"Inevitable? Oh, alright. That is a pretty big word," said Lynch, as transcribed by Adam Guillen Jr. for MMA Mania. "Look, I think people think this is a cakewalk. There is nothing like what we do. And it's not as simple as just walking in here.

"You have to make a name for yourself and you have to be obsessive with it. You have to love this. This isn't a thing where you have one fight every six months. This is a thing where you are fighting three, four sometimes seven days a week, 52 weeks a year."

"For people to sometimes think it's an easy thing to do, that they can just stroll into, it kind of irks me. It irks me -- it does. Because I love this business. I love it more than anything. And if he loves it like I do, then come on then and I will show you the ropes. But, if he doesn't and if he just wants to make some easy money, this is not the way to do it."

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Lynch also said the UFC athlete best suited to crossover was Conor McGregor.

"He's got the personality. A lot of he's taken from WWE. He's got the walk. And he get's it. He gets the promo aspect of it. He gets the talking aspect of it. ... But again, you've got to love this. You've got to be obsessed with it."

14 days ago
10/3/16

"You have to make a name for yourself and you have to be obsessive with it. You have to love this. This isn't a thing where you have one fight every six months. This is a thing where you are fighting three, four sometimes seven days a week, 52 weeks a year."

Ronda didn't.

Cain didn't.

She just mad because Vince would cream himself to have Jones lose to Cena or Brock or whoever.

He could easily go in, have a money Mania match, and leave. Mayweather did it.

14 days ago
12/9/18

He's made a name for himself, by actually fighting 

14 days ago
7/16/13

"Fighting"

14 days ago
5/4/16
T?bikan J?dan -

"Fighting"

I don't think he would be good in the industry. He's an actual fighter. He doesn't have the entertainment aspect to him. He can't cut a promo. Hell even in the UFC, he's not that great at it. His battles with DC were so great because there was actually build up. The "I had cocaine one weekend and your ass the next" line was great. Now we have Christian Jon with the "if you're cheering for me, stand on that side of the room" and other shit like that. I will watch clips of Matthew Riddle on YouTube and he is doing great, he's perfect for the sport. He was able to take his attitude and gift of gab over to wrasslin. I just think Jones numbers he has now are based on the fact that it's him. Nobody tunes in to see him fight because they were excited about something he said at the press conference nobody watches. (Once again, DC fight is a different story but that was years ago)

14 days ago
1/1/01

Cecky Lynch has a point.  It is rather presumptuous of Jon to think he can walk in for a big paycheck with no experience.  People like Ronda, Cain, LT, and Stephen Amell spend many weeks preparing before they can even play a minor part in a wrestling show.  Jon could do it if he is willing to work hard as part of a team but to say it is inevitable is a bit of a stretch. 

14 days ago
4/19/09

Lmao at the salt 

14 days ago
4/17/13

Lol @ "Cecky Lynch"

14 days ago
1/1/12

Phony fake wrestling. 

I always thought they should have the loser get ass fucked in the middle of the ring. That way you know at least one of them is fighting for real. 

14 days ago
9/13/18

Lynch is coming off like an idiot with this one. UFC/MMA fighters have been crossing over for years. She's acting like she really has no clue who Jones is. 

14 days ago
11/30/07
MarcusAurelioFan -

Ronda didn't.

Cain didn't.

She just mad because Vince would cream himself to have Jones lose to Cena or Brock or whoever.

Cain tore his knee. Shayna and jessamyn are thriving in prowrestling. Even the bro's doing well too.

14 days ago
12/28/12

its always funny how the "wresting is fake" guys also get extremely triggered and worked by the standard "wresting is harder work than mma" promo that every wrestler does every single time this question is asked

14 days ago
2/23/12

Didn't Tyson fury just do that?

14 days ago
2/15/06

"This is a thing where you are fighting three, four sometimes seven days a week"

LOL @ "fighting"

14 days ago
12/10/09
stevekt -

Cecky Lynch has a point.  It is rather presumptuous of Jon to think he can walk in for a big paycheck with no experience.  People like Ronda, Cain, LT, and Stephen Amell spend many weeks preparing before they can even play a minor part in a wrestling show.  Jon could do it if he is willing to work hard as part of a team but to say it is inevitable is a bit of a stretch. 

Agreed. Jon would literally need to put in weeks of work to surpass this "champion" at her own "sport."

14 days ago
12/10/09
OG 12er -

Phony fake wrestling. 

I always thought they should have the loser get ass fucked in the middle of the ring. That way you know at least one of them is fighting for real. 

In WWE? No guarantee either would be fighting hard against that. Maybe for top position??

14 days ago
12/28/14
MarcusAurelioFan -

Ronda didn't.

Cain didn't.

The fans turned on Ronda really fast. And then she left. 

Cain had zero pop from the fans (who most didnt know who the hell he was. The announcers had to tell fans watching at home and the people in attendence had no clue who he was). Fans were actually upset about rumors he would be getting a big push at the rumble.

And i dont think shes talking about coming in and doing a match and leaving. Anyone can do that. I think shes talking about actually being a wrestler year round.

Wrestling is an act. Jones doesnt have promo skills at all. Hes very athletic....but that only takes you so far.

Like or hate wwe but i think shes spot on.

Edited: 14 days ago
2/24/11

Inevitable is a pretty big word.  

It is if you are retarded. 

14 days ago
12/17/19

Coming from someone who thinks she's a man is laughable. Its funny how wrestlers think what they do is hard or honorable in some way. Teaching children to be selfish bullies is in no way honorable or respectable. 

10/27/03

"This is a thing where you are fighting three, four sometimes seven days a week, 52 weeks a year."

No it's not.

14 days ago
1/1/01
fade2007 - 
MarcusAurelioFan -

Ronda didn't.

Cain didn't.

The fans turned on Ronda really fast. And then she left. 

Cain had zero pop from the fans (who most didnt know who the hell he was. The announcers had to tell fans watching at home and the people in attendence had no clue who he was). Fans were actually upset about rumors he would be getting a big push at the rumble.

And i dont think shes talking about coming in and doing a match and leaving. Anyone can do that. I think shes talking about actually being a wrestler year round.

Wrestling is an act. Jones doesnt have promo skills at all. Hes very athletic....but that only takes you so far.

Like or hate wwe but i think shes spot on.

Why did they turn on her? I caught the beginning of her WWE career where she seemed to be doing real well but missed the rest.

2/24/19

Chael could have fit in - prototype of the cool heel. Cheat to win but the fans still love ya. Plus a legit amateur wrestling background. 

14 days ago
2/14/11

If Matt Riddle can do it then I'm confident Bones will be just fine. I say that with hespect. 

14 days ago
2/14/11
Rakoshi -

Chael could have fit in - prototype of the cool heel. Cheat to win but the fans still love ya. Plus a legit amateur wrestling background. 

Wrong shaped head

14 days ago
5/15/15
T?bikan J?dan -

"Fighting"

The last fighting done in the WWE/WWF was  the brawl 4 all, who is this bitch?