UnderGround Forums Khabib: Fighter No. 1 in Russia is Fedor

2/4/20 5:15 AM
8/3/11

The current UFC lightweight champion, Khabib Nurmagomedov, agrees with Fedor Emelianenko that their achievements cannot be compared, however, he still gives the palm of victory to his legendary compatriot.

"I think it's unfair to compare us, because we played in different eras," Nurmagomedov said at a press conference in Makhachkala. "He stood at the origins, fought at Pride. His peak time was at Pride, and my time was at UFC. I think it will be wrong to compare, but both of us have achieved great success. Both Fedor and me. But I would put him in the first place, and not because I'm, like, modest. In fact, he paved a very long way"

"He is the basis of mixed martial arts in Russia. This is the first person to succeed and have held the bar for a very long time. And a lot of experts, trainers, people associated with martial arts, began to talk about Russia as a country where strong fighters live. It was after Fedor that they started talking like that. And I, so to say, took this flag and supported it, and still support. Fedor began in 2000, and we already have 2020. For two, we have not lost for more than 20 years, and I think that we both made a great contribution to the development of MMA "

Earlier, the comparison of their achievements was not correct, as Fedor Emelianenko said, stating that Nurmagomedov was doing everything right, but he should pay attention to gaps in the striking technique.

2/4/20 8:14 PM
1/7/09

No 1 bullshit

2/4/20 8:22 PM
10/3/16

Khabib ain't Russian

2/4/20 8:31 PM
5/21/12

Good man Khabib 

2/4/20 8:39 PM
9/23/07

God damn right.

2/4/20 8:49 PM
11/20/08
MarcusAurelioFan -

Khabib ain't Russian

I'm always amazed when westerners call everyone a "Russian".

Khabib looks nothing like a Russian. I suppose it's like differentiating an Englishman and an Irishman. Or between Scandinavians.

Edited: 2/4/20 10:03 PM
11/16/09
ProteinOverdrive -
MarcusAurelioFan -

Khabib ain't Russian

I'm always amazed when westerners call everyone a "Russian".

Khabib looks nothing like a Russian. I suppose it's like differentiating an Englishman and an Irishman. Or between Scandinavians.

Russian is a nationality, not really an ethnicity. The ethnicity you mean is slavic, in which case, yes Khabib is not slavic, but he is Russian by nationality. If you want to get pedantic, yes, we can call "Russian" a type ethnicity belonging to the slavic group. Like you can call Germans part of the Germanic group, and Austrians, part of the Germanic group, and English, as part of the Anglo-Saxon (Celto-Germanic I suppose) group.

2/4/20 10:36 PM
7/29/02

Nice to know Khabib is smarter than 99% of the mouth-breathing retards here that deny Fedor his legacy.

2/4/20 10:37 PM
7/29/02
Fedoral Crime - 

Good man Khabib 

goodest boy

2/5/20 10:08 AM
6/17/12
inf0 -

Nice to know Khabib is smarter than 99% of the mouth-breathing retards here that deny Fedor his legacy.

Agreed and nice to see one of the greats give respect to a legend that paved the way for him.

Just cool seeing someone at his level giving someone else credit, unlike Jon Jones who always says he is the greatest.