UnderGround Forums Kamaru Usman's unusual post-fight career choice

Edited: 2/2/20 10:04 PM
1/1/01

UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman recently appeared recently on the JRE MMA Show, and charted his career path, starting with goals in the world's dominant MMA league.

"I'm shooting for $250 million," said Usman, as transcribed by MMA Junkie. "I'll do other jobs and stuff, but I think $250 million is generational wealth. That's something my kids' kids will be able to live off."

And then, despite having accumulated a quarter of a billion dollars, Usman intends to work on.

"I want to be a marriage counselor," he said. "I think I've always been very good at being able to step back from situations of what's going on and give advice. I do this with my friends. ... [I want to be] just a counselor of some sort. When I leave this world, I want to leave it in a better situation than what it came in."

In the meantime, Usman is widely expected to fight Jorge Masvidal in July, and Gamebred has started the trash talk with a passion; The Nigerian Nightmare is not impressed.

"I'm the type of guy to where anything you say can and will be used against you inside that Octagon," said Usman. "I'm the judge, the juror and the executioner in there. That's how I approach it."

2/2/20 11:23 PM
2/15/06

Usman is an interesting fellow. He's going to have his hands full with Masvidal though. It will be a great fight.

2/2/20 11:23 PM
12/11/05

I heard Carlos Newton is going to be a doctor.

2/3/20 12:05 AM
2/19/18

He better get Ali to hack his Twitter again so he can get that Mcgregor pay day

2/3/20 1:21 AM
5/14/13

Good at stepping back from situations and giving advice.

2/3/20 1:22 AM
5/14/13

Oh, vids dont work. That's right.

Great work Kirik.

2/3/20 2:20 AM
10/3/11
staygreenponyboy - I heard Carlos Newton is going to be a doctor.

A surgeon actually lol

2/3/20 2:20 AM
10/3/11

Usman just became even more unlikable 

2/3/20 5:43 AM
4/11/10

Smh

2/3/20 7:17 AM
9/13/18

250 million??? Lol where does this dude think he works?? Mcgregor has a net worth of 120 million, and that's with the Mayweather fight, and his own whiskey... Usman isn't een close to being a top draw and he thinks he's going to pull in 250?? Lol I guess you cant hate him for dreamin.. 

2/3/20 8:25 AM
7/10/15

So hes gonna start cucking?

2/3/20 8:26 AM
6/8/10

I think he's being a little optimistic but hey, go big or go home. 

2/3/20 9:00 AM
11/10/18
Swamp Donkey -

250 million??? Lol where does this dude think he works?? Mcgregor has a net worth of 120 million, and that's with the Mayweather fight, and his own whiskey... Usman isn't een close to being a top draw and he thinks he's going to pull in 250?? Lol I guess you cant hate him for dreamin.. 

I'd be surprised if he has 2.5 million in 10 years. Your point is exactly right. Conor is the wealthiest mma fighter by far and he has half what Usman is saying he'll hae lol. Usman is a really weird guy. I don't care if he is or not, but would anyone be surprised if he was gay?

2/3/20 10:27 AM
6/30/07

Still banging out pre-reqs

2/3/20 11:01 AM
3/12/02
lamedroid -

A surgeon actually lol

True, Carlos did not achieve his teenage goal of going to medical school. Guess he will have to settle for becoming UFC champion, graduating from university, teaching himself Japanese and being the best family member, coach and friend anyone who knows him could ask for.

No doubt, staygreenponyboy, Mountain Medic and lamedroid could tell us how they achieved everything in life they they hoped they would when they were young men - well, why don't you?

2/3/20 2:35 PM
12/6/05
Koga - 
lamedroid -

A surgeon actually lol

True, Carlos did not achieve his teenage goal of going to medical school. Guess he will have to settle for becoming UFC champion, graduating from university, teaching himself Japanese and being the best family member, coach and friend anyone who knows him could ask for.

No doubt, staygreenponyboy, Mountain Medic and lamedroid could tell us how they achieved everything in life they they hoped they would when they were young men - well, why don't you?

What's your point? He's not a doctor and did not graduate from Medical school.
2/3/20 2:36 PM
11/10/18
goldenboyart -
Koga - 
lamedroid -

A surgeon actually lol

What's your point? He's not a doctor and did not graduate from Medical school.

I'm pretty sure his point is that he's friends with Carlos lol.

Edited: 2/3/20 3:09 PM
10/3/11
Koga -
lamedroid -

A surgeon actually lol

What are you on about dickhead. Newton actually said  in an interview he wanted to be a surgeon. Never watched Pride did you?

2/3/20 5:24 PM
1/24/20
StrikingMMA - Usman is an interesting fellow. He's going to have his hands full with Masvidal though. It will be a great fight.

A battle between the most unlikable fighter and the biggest scumbag fighter. Hopefully they give each other permanent neurological damge.

2/3/20 10:53 PM
3/17/14

: wife crying hysterically:

: dr. uzzie smacks her husband in head and says...

DO SOMETHING, DO SOMETHING... DO SOMETHING.