UnderGround Forums Jon Jones reacts to Dominick Reyes' put-down

2/3/20 10:56 PM
1/1/01

Undefeated Dominick Reyes made a recent appearance on a UFC Countdown episode for Saturday's UFC 247, and said his main event opponent, light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, "has never fought anyone with my sports IQ; he's fought wrestlers, he's fought strikers but never athletes."

In response, Jones got bitter on Twitter

"'He's fought wrestlers he's fought strikers but never athletes' - DR - probably the dumbest thing I've heard in a while," wrote Bones. "DC competed in the NCAA finals and in the Olympics, OSP played Division I football, Ryan Bader the current double champ of Bellator, Vitor Belfort crazy speed and explosive, Lyoto Machida had been striking since age 5, Glover Teixeira was on a 20 fight win streak but none of those guys are athletes I guess."

"Dominick Reyes, one of the greatest athletes in Apple Valley history. Being a big fish in a small pond for so long has really gone to his head. Beating up on cans has got him convinced he's a better athlete than most of the world. If he was so badass he would've won the California state wrestling championships, he would've went division one, He would have at least made a practice squad for the NFL. This man is delusional."

2/3/20 11:00 PM
3/7/07
Kirik -

Undefeated Dominick Reyes made a recent appearance on a UFC Countdown episode for Saturday's UFC 247, and said his main event opponent, light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, "has never fought anyone with my sports IQ; he's fought wrestlers, he's fought strikers but never athletes."

"'He's fought wrestlers he's fought strikers but never athletes' - DR - probably the dumbest thing I've heard in a while," wrote Bones. "DC competed in the NCAA finals and in the Olympics, OSP played Division I football, Ryan Bader the current double champ of Bellator, Vitor Belfort crazy speed and explosive, Lyoto Machida had been striking since age 5, Glover Teixeira was on a 20 fight win streak but none of those guys are athletes I guess."

"Dominick Reyes, one of the greatest athletes in Apple Valley history. Being a big fish in a small pond for so long has really gone to his head. Beating up on cans has got him convinced he's a better athlete than most of the world. If he was so badass he would've won the California state wrestling championships, he would've went division one, He would have at least made a practice squad for the NFL. This man is delusional."

Can you PM me please. I know Cire has messaged you and Chris a time or two with no response. 

2/3/20 11:58 PM
8/26/11

Sure would be great to see Dominick KO him in the first round. 

2/4/20 12:01 AM
1/1/01
FlowWithTheGo - 
Kirik -

Can you PM me please. I know Cire has messaged you and Chris a time or two with no response. 

Email Kirik@MMA.tv please.

2/4/20 1:36 AM
3/7/07
Kirik -
FlowWithTheGo - 
Kirik -

Email Kirik@MMA.tv please.

Thank you. 

2/4/20 1:58 AM
8/26/11

This thread got weird. The hell they talkin about? 

Edited: 2/4/20 2:01 AM
12/7/18

Dang, Jones has been verbally destroying Reyes. Jones is def a better talker then Reyes. That won't matter in the cage though. Reyes has the skill, fight IQ, and he's a terrible match up for Jones. I don't know why Reyes keeps trying to make the focus on athleticism when he has the skill and IQ. Hes just giving Jones easy comebacks verbally. But maybe Reyes is just lulling Jones into a false sense of confidence. Reyes is actually very intelligent. Reyes is playing 3d chess IMO. Reyes is letting Jones take all these easy Ws in the promotion, while when they get in the cage Reyes is going to run Jones over when it actually matters 

2/4/20 5:19 AM
3/17/14
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Dang, Jones has been verbally destroying Reyes. Jones is def a better talker then Reyes. That won't matter in the cage though. Reyes has the skill, fight IQ, and he's a terrible match up for Jones. I don't know why Reyes keeps trying to make the focus on athleticism when he has the skill and IQ. Hes just giving Jones easy comebacks verbally. But maybe Reyes is just lulling Jones into a false sense of confidence. Reyes is actually very intelligent. Reyes is playing 3d chess IMO. Reyes is letting Jones take all these easy Ws in the promotion, while when they get in the cage Reyes is going to run Jones over when it actually matters 

Reyes will have nothing if Jones decides to use his wrestling. Jones ground n pound is world class. If he can take DC down, Reyes will get taken as well. It wont be a good night for him. Considering Jones ego, he will probably try to stand most of the fight. which will be Reyes best chance to win. 

2/4/20 5:25 AM
3/7/07
knappster -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Reyes will have nothing if Jones decides to use his wrestling. Jones ground n pound is world class. If he can take DC down, Reyes will get taken as well. It wont be a good night for him. Considering Jones ego, he will probably try to stand most of the fight. which will be Reyes best chance to win. 

I agree. People talk about Jones distance management and oblique kicks but his ground and pound is by far his most scary attribute.

2/4/20 5:28 AM
9/2/10

Jones sure does seem upset at Reyes, every chance he gets he starts to have a real dig.... Reyes must be in his head 24/7.

2/4/20 5:32 AM
4/11/10

Pico rage 

2/4/20 7:06 AM
11/2/09
FlowWithTheGo -
knappster -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

I agree. People talk about Jones distance management and oblique kicks but his ground and pound is by far his most scary attribute.

scary tech which he nearly ever uses

2/4/20 8:15 AM
8/20/03
Kirik -

Jones is correct.

2/4/20 9:23 AM
2/17/03

This is the type of exchange that makes me consider rooting for Jones.

2/4/20 9:29 AM
11/5/19

Regardless of who you like, Jones is right here. To say he has never fought an athlete, when he's fought DC and Bader, is pretty silly

2/4/20 9:49 AM
2/17/03
Corn Pop - Regardless of who you like, Jones is right here. To say he has never fought an athlete, when he's fought DC and Bader, is pretty silly

Yup. DC, Bader, the Janitor, Rashad, Chael, and OSP are all more accomplished athletes than Reyes in sports outside MMA.
2/4/20 9:54 AM
9/24/19

Jones is going to destroy Reyes... Unfortunately.

2/4/20 6:29 PM
12/7/18
wiggum -
Corn Pop - Regardless of who you like, Jones is right here. To say he has never fought an athlete, when he's fought DC and Bader, is pretty silly

Yup. DC, Bader, the Janitor, Rashad, Chael, and OSP are all more accomplished athletes than Reyes in sports outside MMA.

You're delusional. DC is over rated as fuck. People only over rated DC to prop up Jones. Cejudo actually won gold in the Olympics. DC never even came close. The Fact you even listed OSP as a better athlete shows how much of a clueless hating tool you are. In your ignorant eyes you viewed DC as some untouchable fighter (because you know nothing about fighting) so then when Jones beat DC you started viewing Jones as the same. Both are over rated competing in the worst divisions in MMA history

It's funny when Jones says Reyes is a big fish in a small pond. That's exactly Jones at LHW. Jones has never fought anyone like Reyes period. When you actually understand fighting you can see it. This is the Weidman vs Anderson of LHW. 

2/4/20 6:34 PM
3/22/16

Reyes tried to trigger Jon and it worked.

2/4/20 7:32 PM
11/14/16
ConorWinsTheRematch -
wiggum -

You're delusional. DC is over rated as fuck. People only over rated DC to prop up Jones. Cejudo actually won gold in the Olympics. DC never even came close. The Fact you even listed OSP as a better athlete shows how much of a clueless hating tool you are. In your ignorant eyes you viewed DC as some untouchable fighter (because you know nothing about fighting) so then when Jones beat DC you started viewing Jones as the same. Both are over rated competing in the worst divisions in MMA history

It's funny when Jones says Reyes is a big fish in a small pond. That's exactly Jones at LHW. Jones has never fought anyone like Reyes period. When you actually understand fighting you can see it. This is the Weidman vs Anderson of LHW. 

You are the most miserable prick on this entire forum. Want to talk about delusional? How about all the times you have admitted to being on Conor Mcgregor's team. Yea that is about as delusional as it gets. 

Edited: 2/4/20 7:53 PM
9/13/18
ConorWinsTheRematch -

That's laughable, your basing your big dumb comment about Reyes being smart off of his six fights he's had in the UFC?? Your just as dumb as he is. This guy's been running his mouth hard this past two weeks, and he's about to find out how great Jones is first hand.

You should stick to suckin conner off, your garbage at everything else. 

2/4/20 8:04 PM
1/10/13
ConorWinsTheRematch -
wiggum -

DC is overrated because he didn't win a gold medal in the olympics? How many olympics has Conor competed at? Has Conor even won National titles in boxing, karate or anything else? DC has won UFC titles in two seperate divisions, but unlike Conor actually defended his title in each division. Conor has never defended a title for any organization. How overrated then is Conor?

2/4/20 9:14 PM
8/22/02
ConorWinsTheRematch -
wiggum -

Jon grew up with two guys who are better athletes than Reyes. You may want to STFU and listen for a change. 

2/4/20 9:32 PM
6/28/16

Jones destroys Reyes

2/4/20 9:40 PM
5/17/13
DJ Spazzy Dad -

Jones destroys Reyes

This.