UnderGround Forums HOLY CRAP Conor did 1mill PPV buys & 500k new subs

Edited: 2/5/20 5:30 AM
12/7/18

These numbers are absolutely mind-blowing in today's climate. This would've been 2.6million PPV buys without the ESPN+ paywall.

Not only did Conor do 1million PPV buys, Conor brought in 500k new subs to espn+. That is insane. Conor is bigger than ever. Long live Conor-mania. Full steam ahead into the Khabib rematch, when Conor knocks Khabib dead.

Khabob vs Poirier performed so poorly, so below expectations, in PPV numbers, and in subs, that numbers were never released for it. It was largely ignored and swept under the rug. Yet ESPN is shouting out Conor's numbers from the rooftops. That's how you know what is real and what is not. Now the UFC is finally starting to learn that Khabib is no where that kind of star with the casual fanbase, and that Khabib had little to do with UFC 229 (Those numbers were due to Conor coming off of boxing and making his return to MMA). Khabib will have no choice but to accept the Conor rematch. Khabib has zero leverage. The numbers prove who the real Aside is.

What's that saying? Men and women lie, but numbers never lie. Conor's numbers are mind blowing. yet there are still idiots out there trying to deny just how vital Conor is to the UFC and ESPN. Conor saved the UFC yet again. Not just the UFC, ESPN owes Conor everything. Yeah, Conor 100% deserves a piece of the pie/shares, considering how much he brings in. Conor's star power is out of this world. Jones in 1 week won't even do a fraction of these buys or a fraction of those subs. Conor has rarely ever been truly appreciated for just how special he is. This was a fantastic reminder/eye opener. You ain't getting shit with Khabib, Jones, or Adesanya. Conor is and always will be in another universe. The C in UFC stands for Conor. Conor is the UFC. The UFC is Conor

Edited: 2/5/20 5:35 AM
12/7/18

Is the video embedding? Can others watch it? I will try posting it again

2/5/20 5:38 AM
2/2/20

unfortunately shows how pitifully small mma is in USA, let alone globally

Edited: 2/5/20 5:55 AM
12/7/18

If Conor fights and beats both Khabib and Masvidal this year, just holy crap, the numbers Conor would be pulling in, would be astronomical. I can personally attest to the fact that people who had no interest in MMA, were subbing to espn+ in droves to watch Conor. It's all about Conor. Never make no mistake about it, it's the Conor show through and through. People don't give a donkey fuck about Khabib. They just want to see Conor avenge his loss to that crazy radical muslim guy. People on forums often get encased in their own little internet bubbles and never wonder away from their safe spaces. Conor is the overwhelming fan favorite in the real world. The vast majority in the real world want to see Conor beat his ass. Fook Khabib.

2/5/20 5:48 AM
10/14/12
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

If Conor fights and beats both Khabib and Masvidal this year, just holy crap, the numbers Conor would be pulling in, would be astronomical. I can personally attest to the fact that people who had no interest in MMA, were subbing to espn+ in droves to watch Conor. It's all about Conor. Never make no mistake about it, it's the Conor show through and through. People don't give a donkey fuck about Khabib. They just want to see Conor avenge his loss to that crazy radical muslim guy. People on forums often get encased in their own little internet bubbles and never wonder away from their safe spaces. Conor is the overwhelming fan favorite in the real world. The vast majority in the real world want to see Conor beat his ass

I was just wondering, who's your favorite fighter?
Edited: 2/5/20 5:50 AM
12/7/18
godstriker -

How did you come to this conclusion? This post makes no sense. Explain yourself. What proves what and how. What has been proven is that Conor does mind blowing numbers, and continually saves the UFC. You bet your ass ESPN knows how important Conor is

2/5/20 5:50 AM
12/7/18
SuperFightFan -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

If Conor fights and beats both Khabib and Masvidal this year, just holy crap, the numbers Conor would be pulling in, would be astronomical. I can personally attest to the fact that people who had no interest in MMA, were subbing to espn+ in droves to watch Conor. It's all about Conor. Never make no mistake about it, it's the Conor show through and through. People don't give a donkey fuck about Khabib. They just want to see Conor avenge his loss to that crazy radical muslim guy. People on forums often get encased in their own little internet bubbles and never wonder away from their safe spaces. Conor is the overwhelming fan favorite in the real world. The vast majority in the real world want to see Conor beat his ass

The numbers say that Conor is everyone's favorite fighter:)

"men and women lie, but numbers never do"

Edited: 2/5/20 10:19 AM
2/20/19
ConorWinsTheRematch -
SuperFightFan -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

Get conors balls out of your mount jeez

Edited: 2/5/20 5:53 AM
12/7/18
Mr Nobody -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
SuperFightFan -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

Get conors balls out of you mount jeez

Triggered internet Khabib fanboy who needs a safe space. Facts>>>>>your feelings

2/5/20 5:55 AM
2/20/19
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Mr Nobody -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
SuperFightFan -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

Triggered internet Khabib fanboy who needs a safe space. Facts>>>>>your feelings

Nah Just cant stand fanboys like you

Edited: 2/5/20 5:56 AM
12/7/18
Mr Nobody -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Mr Nobody -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
SuperFightFan -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. You need a safe space? Haha Conor haters are such little bitches. Facts>>>>your feelings. 

Edited: 2/5/20 6:13 AM
12/7/18

Khabib is absolutely delusional if he thinks he has any leverage or any say in anything lmao

2/5/20 5:58 AM
2/20/19
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Mr Nobody -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Mr Nobody -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
SuperFightFan -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. You need a safe space? Haha Conor haters are such little bitches. Facts>>>>your feelings. 

You think you are Conor? Go see a doctor buddy 

2/5/20 5:59 AM
2/2/20
ConorWinsTheRematch -
godstriker -

How did you come to this conclusion? This post makes no sense. Explain yourself. What proves what and how. What has been proven is that Conor does mind blowing numbers, and continually saves the UFC. You bet your ass ESPN knows how important Conor is

1,000,000/327,000,200 = 0.03%

1,000,000/7,530,000,000 = 0.0013%

2/5/20 6:02 AM
9/24/18

Those are incredibly high numbers and a testament to Conor's drawing ability. And I would say this was his least promoted fight in terms of pre fight banter. 

The UFC will be salivating at the prospect of Conor/Khabib 2

2/5/20 6:04 AM
10/22/14
godstriker -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
godstriker -

1,000,000/327,000,200 = 0.03%

1,000,000/7,530,000,000 = 0.0013%

It is PPV, not only that it's an expensive PPV behind a subscription pay wall. 

I wonder what the illegal streaming torrent numbers are like and what the global television numbers are as they have multiple deals globally that aren't on PPV, either subscription or on free tv. 

2/5/20 6:13 AM
12/7/18

BT Sport was selling it on PPV. Globally I bet Conor still did a real 2million easily. Keep in mind, these are just USA numbers. 

Edited: 2/5/20 3:40 PM
12/7/18

On another note, If Reyes knocks out Jones, the amount of coverage that would get, a rematch there would do decent. Like how Weidman knocked out Anderson and then that rematch did great. But if Jones wins, it will be the same old boring shit and be forgotten about pretty quickly. Jones could never be a star. His numbers always underwhelmed. Reyes has the potential to be a real star. He could be everything Weidman failed to live up to. 

2/5/20 6:29 AM
6/9/16
Jones right nostril -

Those are incredibly high numbers and a testament to Conor's drawing ability. And I would say this was his least promoted fight in terms of pre fight banter. 

"The UFC will be salivating at the prospect of Conor/Khabib 2."

Definitely, but the outcome of the fight will be the same as their first meeting.

2/5/20 6:35 AM
9/24/18
Taco Muncher - 
Jones right nostril -

Definitely, but the outcome of the fight will be the same as their first meeting.

It doesn't matter. Conor will continue to be a draw card despite another loss to Khabib. Business is business and you strike while the iron is hot. Conor is a volatile commodity, meaning you never know which fight will be his last (given his antics outside the cage). 

He's 31 now, you get as many fights out of him while he's in his prime as you can. 

2/5/20 6:36 AM
12/7/18
Taco Muncher -
Jones right nostril -

People want the rematch because of Conor. It has little to do with Khabib. Khabib is the luckiest sum of a bitch alive to have gotten Conor when he did. Conor was no more than at 10% for that 1st fight. Conor at his worst won a round off Khabob at his best. Really think about that. Now Just imagine what a 100% Conor is going to do to Khabib. Conor WILL embaress Khabib in the rematch, and there will be a big money trilogy 

Edited: 2/5/20 6:41 AM
12/7/18

"Conor is a volatile commodity, meaning you never know which fight will be his last (given his antics outside the cage)."

Conor has truly turned a corner in his life. When Conor makes a promise he keeps it. No one has to worry about that. In fact, Conor is already back in the gym training right now. Conor was very serious about everything he was saying. Fully expect to see Conor fight 3 or 4 times this year alone

2/5/20 6:42 AM
3/12/15
godstriker -

1 million is massive for a ppv. There was only 1 subscriber paying for the ppv where I watched it yet there were around 20 people there. I imagine at least 10+million people viewed this event live in groups and tens of millions more looked up the results or watched videos on it the next day. Conor is a megastar

2/5/20 6:43 AM
12/7/18
The Lion King -
godstriker -

1 million is massive for a ppv. There was only 1 subscriber paying for the ppv where I watched it yet there were around 20 people there. I imagine at least 10+million people viewed this event live in groups and tens of millions more looked up the results or watched videos on it the next day. Conor is a megastar

My brother! Who would you like to see Conor fight next?

2/5/20 6:46 AM
1/24/16
ConorWinsTheRematch -

BT Sport was selling it on PPV. Globally I bet Conor still did a real 2million easily. Keep in mind, these are just USA numbers. 

Congratulations