UnderGround Forums GSP/Serra=Houston Jones/Reyes=Houston

2/7/20 7:49 PM
11/20/09

On paper, Jones should easily beat Reyes.

However, on paper, GSP should have easily beat Matt Serra.

Both GSP and Jones were proven fighters, big favorites in their fights in Houston.

GSP lost, huge upset.

Jones fights Reyes in Houston tomorrow.  Has Jones taken Reyes too lightly?

2/7/20 7:50 PM
11/20/09

2/7/20 8:57 PM
1/1/01

Interdasting

2/7/20 10:48 PM
8/26/11

VU OP. 

Houston would be Curse City!

2/8/20 11:51 AM
1/1/01

at some point, Jones is going to get caught. That's combat sports. I can only hope it's tonight and MEME worthy!!!

2/8/20 12:26 PM
9/13/18
D241 -

Both GSP and Jones were proven fighters, big favorites in their fights in Houston.

GSP lost, huge upset.

Jones definitely isn't taken Reyes to lightly..  He's said it in a number of interviews, he's looking at the challenge in front of him and he wants to puts hands on him. Not sure why there's still a question about it. 

2/8/20 2:56 PM
4/27/08

This equation is puzzling. Which variable are we solving for?

GSP/Serra = Houston
Jones/Reyes = Houston
---
GSP/Serra = Jones/Reyes
GSP = (Jones/Reyes) * Serra

2/8/20 3:16 PM
11/19/19

People are already making excuses for Jone's losing.

2/8/20 3:35 PM
9/19/13

I'll take any superstition I can get to see Jones lose tonight.

2/8/20 3:44 PM
7/18/11
Swamp Donkey -
D241 -

GSP lost, huge upset.

Jones definitely isn't taken Reyes to lightly..  He's said it in a number of interviews, he's looking at the challenge in front of him and he wants to puts hands on him. Not sure why there's still a question about it. 

He would never openly admit (before the fight) that he was taking his opponent lightly. 

2/8/20 5:49 PM
1/17/03

So one upset makes it "curse city"?

Im confused

2/8/20 6:04 PM
11/1/19

Listen. Reyes will not beat Jon tonight. He will not close the distance. Jon won't allow that. You will see a frustrated Reyes lose a decision.

2/8/20 6:55 PM
7/13/09

Ok.  I live in Houston so i have to say....no its not.  We had Cain/Dos Santos 3 and Cain won.  We also had Gilbert Melendez/Diego Sanchez which was easily one of the best fights.  So by your logic Houston can also produce some of the greatest fights ever.

2/8/20 7:16 PM
7/8/09

Houston Alexander

2/8/20 7:28 PM
3/12/15
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite -

Houston Alexander

lol

2/8/20 7:31 PM
9/14/17
Erik Apple -

Im confused

Yeah, we're more than a fucking far reaching fart off any pattern being established here.

2/8/20 7:33 PM
9/14/17
ILKR -
Erik Apple -

Im confused

Yeah, we're more than a fucking far reaching fart off any pattern being established here.

As if this made front page. Jesus. Come on - are times that desperate?!

Next thing 'Motovated Penn Vs. X - who wins' will be top story.

2/8/20 7:50 PM
12/31/18

Is OP a rocket scientist?

2/9/20 1:20 AM
11/20/09
mmmuscar - 

Ok.  I live in Houston so i have to say....no its not.  We had Cain/Dos Santos 3 and Cain won.  We also had Gilbert Melendez/Diego Sanchez which was easily one of the best fights.  So by your logic Houston can also produce some of the greatest fights ever.

Out of Cain, JDS, Diego, Gilbert, and Jon Jones, which ones in that group would you put on GSP's level?

Houston does have bad ass cards, and Melendez/Sanchez was definitely one of my favorite ones.  Should've been a draw though. 

2/9/20 1:21 AM
11/20/09

When they announced 49/46, I thought for sure they'd give it to Reyes.

I wanted Reyes to win, I was rooting for him bigtime a few times during the fight, but in the last part of the fight, a guy I wanted to see get knocked out cold, I found rooting for him because he was pushing forward still trying to fight where as Reyes was just trying to run the clock out. 

Decent fight, but I had it a draw.  1 and 3 for Reyes 4 and 5 for Jones rd, rd 2 a draw.

2/9/20 1:24 AM
7/13/09

None  of them are on GSPs level.  My point was there have been big fights in Houston that were not upsets.  However,  i will respectfully step back because one of our judges might literally  have been asleep tonight. So i will stand back embarassed.

2/9/20 1:27 AM
11/20/09
mmmuscar - 

None  of them are on GSPs level.  My point was there have been big fights in Houston that were not upsets.  However,  i will respectfully step back because one of our judges might literally  have been asleep tonight. So i will stand back embarassed.

I won't argue with you about the outcome, but I will debate your first sentence.

When you say "none" of them are on GSP's level, and Jon Jones was one of the options to compare to GSP, I have to ask you, are you aware Jon Jones just SURPASSED GSP's record of # of title defenses won?

I think the only way you can save face on your comment, is to suggest GSP is on another level of everyone else, except for Jon Jones because Jon Jones is on another level than GSP, as Jones just beat his record.

Edited: 2/9/20 1:54 AM
9/14/17
D241 -

I wanted Reyes to win, I was rooting for him bigtime a few times during the fight, but in the last part of the fight, a guy I wanted to see get knocked out cold, I found rooting for him because he was pushing forward still trying to fight where as Reyes was just trying to run the clock out. 

Decent fight, but I had it a draw.  1 and 3 for Reyes 4 and 5 for Jones rd, rd 2 a draw.

Yeah, I had it Reyes or draw, also. But then I remember feeling that way about Gus in their first fight only to afterwards re-watch and side with Jones.

Probably just me, but seeing someone do well against Jon, it can become easy to get caught up in their performance. Definitely worth a re-run.

2/9/20 2:19 AM
11/20/09
ILKR - 
D241 -

Yeah, I had it Reyes or draw, also. But then I remember feeling that way about Gus in their first fight only to afterwards re-watch and side with Jones.

Probably just me, but seeing someone do well against Jon, it can become easy to get caught up in their performance. Definitely worth a re-run.

Very much agree.  I WANTED Reyes to win and thought he would, but honestly midway in rd 4 and the rest of the fight, I was actually hoping Jones would finish Reyes.  Reyes fought well, but his performance seemed to be based on establishing momentum on the feet, and then staying away from the fight in hopes to win rounds, and that to me is not admirable or fun to watch.  Jones was going for it in the last part of the fight and pressing forward most of the fight, and that to me makes up for the striking differential which I felt slightly favored Reyes.

2/9/20 9:17 AM
7/13/09
D241 -
mmmuscar - 

I won't argue with you about the outcome, but I will debate your first sentence.

When you say "none" of them are on GSP's level, and Jon Jones was one of the options to compare to GSP, I have to ask you, are you aware Jon Jones just SURPASSED GSP's record of # of title defenses won?

I think the only way you can save face on your comment, is to suggest GSP is on another level of everyone else, except for Jon Jones because Jon Jones is on another level than GSP, as Jones just beat his record.

I guess i was tired.  I did not  see Jones name in your comment.