UnderGround Forums Every Slam Finish in UFC History

Edited: 14 days ago
1/1/01

Relive every finish via slam in UFC history. The first slam finish occurred at UFC 16 in 1998 thanks to Frank Shamrock and most recently at UFC 237 last year by Jessica Andrade to become UFC champion.

14 days ago
6/9/09

Hughes -Newton still pisses me off

14 days ago
7/2/15
RJJH -

Tell me about it. 

14 days ago
2/5/06

I was just going to post this

14 days ago
11/28/03

titos ko of tanner was from titos head hitting tanners head as it hit the mat

14 days ago
8/20/03
ranier wolfcastle - 

Tito's head landing on anything is a seismic event.

Tanner had no chance.

14 days ago
7/4/11

I had made my own slampage compilation as a teen. I gotta find that video and rewatch it now. 

14 days ago
1/12/12

5:12 in the video.

Shamrock vs Zinoviev

The impact knocked Zinoviev unconscious and he was later diagnosed with a broken collarbone and fractured vertebrae in his neck, which would cruelly bring an abrupt end to his five fight MMA career.

Great fighter who's career was ended.

I was sitting in row 2 for this one.  I did not cheer because I thought the dude was going to be crippled.  

I like seeing knockouts and great subs but I never want to see fighters getting seriously injured.

14 days ago
7/2/15
keithws2 -

Shamrock vs Zinoviev

The impact knocked Zinoviev unconscious and he was later diagnosed with a broken collarbone and fractured vertebrae in his neck, which would cruelly bring an abrupt end to his five fight MMA career.

I was sitting in row 2 for this one.  I did not cheer because I thought the dude was going to be crippled.  

I like seeing knockouts and great subs but I never want to see fighters getting seriously injured.

I was looking forward to that fight more to than any. I was expecting a war between who I thought were the two best -200 pounders at the time. 

The finish was dramatic as hell and Frank made a huge statement, but we missed out on what we all thought would be the best fight ever and it ended Igor's career. Looking back on it, it's just actually sad. 

14 days ago
7/10/02

Yeah, it was bad Igor never fought again. And we learned a few months back he was a bodyguard/trainer for Epstein!

Many slams KOs are from head clashing, or head hitting the ground. I mean, it is the technique

14 days ago
1/12/12
Vrill - 
keithws2 -

Shamrock vs Zinoviev

I was looking forward to that fight more to than any. I was expecting a war between who I thought were the two best -200 pounders at the time. 

The finish was dramatic as hell and Frank made a huge statement, but we missed out on what we all thought would be the best fight ever and it ended Igor's career. Looking back on it, it's just actually sad. 

100 % this.

These were the two best under 200 LBers at the time.

Zinoviev (undefeated) had victories over Sperry and Enson Inoue. He was a very strong grappler with good striking.

Frank Shamrock won the championship by subbing Kevin Jackson, who no one wanted to fight at the time.

Great matchup and highly anticipated. I would have loved to see a longer fight and to seen Igor fight more in the UFC. It was a bummer.

13 days ago
4/11/10

Later

13 days ago
7/27/04
Captain Canuck -
ranier wolfcastle - 

Tito's head landing on anything is a seismic event.

Tanner had no chance.

Yes Tanner had no chance against Tito,agreed.

13 days ago
12/9/02
Vrill -
RJJH -

Tell me about it. 

What works the official result look like if the ref had realized they were both out?

13 days ago
2/4/15

Those pre-USADA physiques tho

10 days ago
6/28/10

That Burkman one with the 3 elbows after was brutal