UnderGround Forums Diego's corner advice is ... different

2/16/20 1:01 PM
1/1/01

Jackson/Wink MMA is arguably the best fight gym on Earth. Three weeks before his fight with Michael Chiesa at UFC 239, Diego Sanchez left, saying he wasn't appreciated or valued by his former coaches, and for the last two fights has cornered solely by Josh Fabia, founder of the School of Self-Awareness Worldwide.

Fabia appears to be a cross between life coach, Yellow Bamboo master, and moonbat. Prior to Sanchez, Fabia had never worked a corner in the UFC, and offered a bonkers understanding of the cornerman role.

"I don’t foresee needing to do the in-between-the-rounds thing,” said Fabia to Mike Bohn and Farah Hannoun for MMA Junkie. “It’s during the fight. He’s going to need to hear me in that first round.”

Sanchez lost to Chiesa in Round 3.

Anton Tabuena for BE transcribed Fabia's instructions to Sanchez between rounds vs. Michel Pereira on Saturday night.

After Round 1
"Five recovery breaths. Five recovery breaths.”
“Sip the water. Breathe in. Good.”
“Five recovery breaths! In the nose, out the mouth.”
“Listen carefully. Listen carefully. You are stopping your motion. Do not wait to see your work. I need forward, forward pressure. I need you to get off the line before you attack. Off the line before you attack.”
“Bee drill. Bee drill. Think of the shadow. Shadow!”
“I need you to get in. Get in, get behind. If it gets tight, if it gets sticky, take him to the ground.”
“Get on top. Give me some ride time. Give me some ground and pound.”

After Round 2
“Listen to me. You need to go, alright? You need to go. I need to see you go swinging. You know why? Because you’ve got nothing to lose now.”
“He just won that round with that throw. You had the other round on points, on contact. Alright?”
“So you’ve got to get a takedown. You’ve got to hold him down. You’ve got to work this motherf***er over. You hear me?”
“You’ve got to do your f***ing job. Get to work. Alright?”
“Quit acting like you don’t know how to do it. Do not let him trigger you ...”

Sanchez was losing badly Saturday night, but opted for a DQ win.

Edited: 2/16/20 1:17 PM
1/1/01

The wacky cornering is a little easier to understand if you watch clips from the School of Self Awareness.

Here's one of his adepts working the heavy bag:

Solo bag work SoS Style ?????? We all have seen heavy bag work from heavy hits and smooth slips.. Get ready for our solo bag training video coming in January Learn how to use the bag in endless ways to move in limitless ways and react and counter anytime anyplace ???? #footwork #schoolofself #awareness #coach #fitnessmotivation #martialarts #combatives #selfdefense #striking #health #movement #boxing #heavybag #mma #muaythai #solotraining

Posted by School of Self-Awareness on Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Remember, DON'T be on your toes:

Energy disconnects from the earth

Our energy disconnects from the earth when our feet aren't fully on the ground. How can we be strong if our roots don't run deep? DISCLAIMER: Do not try this at home. All School of Self techniques must be practiced with a certified School of Self trainer. To learn more about School of Self and the teachings of Josh Fabia visit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC6I_8ic-aATySKLy1R1eGw #schoolofself, #joshfabia, #sos, #joshuafabia, #energydisconnectsfromearth, #movingwithapartner, #teaching, #learning, #growing, #alignment

Posted by School of Self-Awareness on Thursday, January 18, 2018

But do use the Rhino Elbow!

The elbows can be deceiving

Appearing not to attack someone averts attention and you can take your partner down before they even realize what's happening. Can you be this sneaky? DISCLAIMER: Do not try this at home. All School of Self techniques must be practiced with a certified School of Self trainer. For more on sneak attacks visit the School of Self Worldwide youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC6I_8ic-aATySKLy1R1eGw #schoolofself, #schoolofselfworldwide, #sos, #joshfabia, #joshuafabia, #elbowscanbedeceiving, #partnertakedowns, #exercise, #closequartercombat, #kravmaga, #muythai, #militarycombatives, #personalselfdefense

Posted by School of Self-Awareness on Saturday, February 3, 2018

Ground fighting: How to yo-yo the throat and balls:

Yo-yo the throat and balls

If you REALLY want to win a fight...well keep watching and you will know what I mean. DISCLAIMER: Do not try this at home. All School of Self techniques must be practiced with a certified School of Self trainer. For more information on School of Self and all that we teach visit our Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC6I_8ic-aATySKLy1R1eGw #survival, #learning, #growing, #schoolofself, #schoolofselfworldwide, #sos, #joshfabia, #joshuafabia, #yoyothroatandballs, #brazilianjujitsu, #bjj, #takingcontrolofyourpartner, #shortmovements, #closequartercombat, #kravmaga, #militarycombatives, #personalselfdefense, #systema, #westernwrestling

Posted by School of Self-Awareness on Wednesday, February 7, 2018

And The Hummingbird technique:

Try it!!! Hummingbird movement is for real ?? This is how to get full muscle activation without any risk of injury ???????????? I k ow it looks easy but I promise you will break a sweat ?? Weather you want a more defined abs or explosive power this move is for you #ripped #movementtherapy #movement #fitness #painfree #fitnessmodel #abs #muscleactivation #crossfit #mma #ufc @thefitprodigy @diegonightmaresanchezufc @crossfitzephyr @dewaltent @karagpetersen @ajafrary

Posted by School of Self-Awareness on Wednesday, March 27, 2019

2/16/20 1:04 PM
1/1/01

Prior to the Chiesa fight, Fabia criticized Jackson/Wink.

“This thing of everybody putting them up on a pedestal and me going into that gym and seeing no f***ing training happening, I’m mind blown. Mind blown,” explained Fabia. “The amount of respect they expect and demand from the fight community and world when you didn’t give me a ‘hello.’ You couldn’t shake my hand? You’re going to act like I don’t exist?”

"A lot of people go to school 10 years, 15 years, you got all these degrees on the wall. How many of these people know how to breathe? So, you don’t know how to do the basic physiological functions of your body, but you want to run your mouth?”

“What I’ve done is I’ve revived ancient wisdom with modern technology. It’s very unique; it’s very different. I have my own message. It is not like anything else out there. I’m addressing things that start at the time of earth and last to the day you die. So, yes, I have valuable martial and combative context to help Diego [with MMA], but on another level. I’m teaching him how to control himself and how to become aware of himself by becoming aware of everything around him."

“Yeah, we do mitts. Yeah, I’m wrestling with him. I’m the one cooking the meals. I’m the one handling the bodywork. I’m the one doing nine jobs. So, yeah, it’s a little different than ‘Wink’ and Greg and any other trainer, coach in the world. There’s nobody else doing all that. There’s nobody else that can do all that because they’ve compartmentalized it, and they got their degrees in one area.”

This would, in any other context, be funny. But it's not. It's just sad, at best.

2/16/20 1:44 PM
7/18/11

"A lot of people go to school 10 years, 15 years, you got all these degrees on the wall. How many of these people know how to breathe? So, you don’t know how to do the basic physiological functions of your body, but you want to run your mouth?”

~Nick Diaz, life coach 

2/16/20 1:48 PM
7/30/06

Dude is nuttier than squirrel shit.

2/16/20 1:52 PM
1/1/01

Perfect for Diego imo.

2/16/20 1:59 PM
11/28/03

did coach scream for him to take the dq win?

2/16/20 2:02 PM
1/1/01

Ancient wisdom/modern technique is becoming a fitness fad. 

Tyson Griffin running around CA giving seminars about chakra zones and power lifting. 

2/16/20 2:28 PM
8/3/11

Diego got the win.

2/16/20 2:32 PM
7/25/12

Greg Roman made Kap look like a Ferrari too.

2/16/20 2:32 PM
7/25/12
McGregorCouldSmellMyPu**y -

Greg Roman made Kap look like a Ferrari too.

Not what I posted....

2/16/20 3:02 PM
5/3/12

2/16/20 10:26 PM
7/8/06

I want the drugs Fabia is taking.

2/17/20 9:56 AM
6/23/12

In for knowledge

2/17/20 10:32 AM
4/19/09

What the fuck... I know Diego's not the brightest guy but I thought he would at least know that this is bullshit. 

2/17/20 11:47 AM
1/1/01

There have threads about Deigo's wellness coach on here before.

Imagine dedicating your life to new age wellness techniques, then one day, Deigo Sanchez walks into your school and says, momma! We go'in to the top!!!!

2/17/20 12:28 PM
2/2/15
Adam Hunter -

You should get this guy for your opening act. He'd definitely have the audience in stitches.

2/17/20 1:18 PM
5/13/13

I like his fall to the ground technique with two guys. "It's okay this is fine" lol

2/17/20 1:26 PM
1/28/12

“Break the wrist, walk away”

2/20/20 12:17 AM
5/3/12
Bilge Water -
Adam Hunter -

You should get this guy for your opening act. He'd definitely have the audience in stitches.

He would steal the show.