UnderGround Forums Dana backs Rogan re: Stephen A Smith

2/6/20 10:14 PM
6/9/16

Without knocking SAS too much. Pretty diplomatic of Egg, which usually isn't his strong suit.

"One of the things when we bought and built the UFC that we always did, being fight fans ourselves ... I'm a huge fight fan," White said. "Lorenzo (Fertitta) was a huge fight fan. Joe Rogan is a huge fight fan. One of the things that we hated was on HBO boxing and some other boxing they would do. Listen, you're tuning in and buying the pay-per-view because you love these guys and you respect these fighters, and you're a fan of the sport. The last thing you want to do is hear somebody ripping them apart.

"I'm not into it. Rogan is not into it. You don't see that in the UFC. There will be times where I'm pissed off at a guy, and I'll voice my opinion on what he did or whatever – or if a fight is really bad or somebody did something. What we don't do is, when a fight is over and a guy loses, we don't go in and rip them apart. It's just not our style. We're fans. We don't do it. I think Rogan was reacting to that. That's our philosophy here. For Stephen A. Smith, that's his thing. That's what he does. It's going to happen. You're always going to have people who have difference in opinions, especially when you have two very opinionated guys like Stephen A. Smith and Joe Rogan."

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/02/ufc-dana-white-disagrees-stephen-a-smith-backs-joe-rogan-on-donald-cerrone

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Zt9G296xlglQR7a/giphy.gif

2/6/20 10:21 PM
7/25/12

I don't care for SAS but the more "mainstream" they get the more they'll have to deal with "uneducated" opinions. 

2/6/20 10:21 PM
1/2/20

Not really backing rogan when he says that stephen a smith, thats his thing, thats what he does, thats what happenes. seems like he towing the espn line imo.

2/6/20 10:22 PM
1/2/20

backing rogan would be like, knowing dana, fuck that guy ,hes a piece of shit, hell never work a ufc again. rogan said he shouldnt work these events right.

2/6/20 10:50 PM
6/9/16

It's all right here:

"Listen, you're tuning in and buying the pay-per-view because you love these guys and you respect these fighters, and you're a fan of the sport. The last thing you want to do is hear somebody ripping them apart. I'm not into it. Rogan is not into it. You don't see that in the UFC."

It's not ranting Dana. It's subtle Dana who doesn't want to step on ESPN's toes. But the message is clear.

Edited: 2/6/20 11:07 PM
7/8/09

Except that Stephen A was correct on this one. Cowboy did not come to win this fight. Look at his behavior during fight week. And now that we know that the broken nose and orbital bone was B.S it validates SAS even more. Dana is just protecting his investment. 

Be afraid for Conor if he fights a legit opponent, because that sense of confidence, based on this victory vs a handpicked opponent, will get shattered quickly. 

2/6/20 11:14 PM
1/2/20
Taco Muncher - 

It's all right here:

"Listen, you're tuning in and buying the pay-per-view because you love these guys and you respect these fighters, and you're a fan of the sport. The last thing you want to do is hear somebody ripping them apart. I'm not into it. Rogan is not into it. You don't see that in the UFC."

It's not ranting Dana. It's subtle Dana who doesn't want to step on ESPN's toes. But the message is clear.

ya that statement is more pro rogan. but what he said after that i highlighted is more pro steven a and dana's overall message is that he doesnt like it, rogan doesnt like it but steven a is free to do his thing - 'thats what he does, thats what happens'. cheers.
2/6/20 11:53 PM
2/29/16

DFW was kinda neutral at the end there.

2/7/20 12:14 AM
9/10/14

I think i just came in my pants.  *slow clap*

2/7/20 12:25 AM
11/19/19

Really? Because Dana never bashes fighters? STFU EGG.

2/7/20 1:45 AM
12/22/12

So the egg can go post fight and say " that was the worst F'n fight I've ever seen" but Stephen A can't say " We didn't see much of what Conor can do, we saw Cowboy not perform"?

2/7/20 1:54 AM
9/14/03

They are a bit too touchy about this particular fight. Hmm.

2/7/20 2:17 AM
7/19/13

Of course Daddy $$$Dana$$$ backs the fight. He paid for it. 

2/7/20 7:30 AM
1/11/17

Fuck Dana White. He has said far more disrespectful shit about fighters than Smith did. What Smith said was not even that bad, but that little ho Rogan got his panties in a twist. and won't shut up about it.

Pretty funny that the guy that calls black people apes gets upset because someone said some negative things about a fighters performance.

Dana and Rogan are trash. Blown up little steroid faggots that have become millionaires off the backs of guys who were lucky to make 5 figures in their career.

2/7/20 8:58 AM
8/29/07
Left_Hook_Cemetery - 

Fuck Dana White. He has said far more disrespectful shit about fighters than Smith did. What Smith said was not even that bad, but that little ho Rogan got his panties in a twist. and won't shut up about it.

Pretty funny that the guy that calls black people apes gets upset because someone said some negative things about a fighters performance.

Dana and Rogan are trash. Blown up little steroid faggots that have become millionaires off the backs of guys who were lucky to make 5 figures in their career.

There's a lot of shame and pain in this post. Are you even a fan of UFC? and who called black man "apes"? In your somewhat incoherent crying ass bitch post i was unable to follow your point
2/7/20 9:11 AM
8/10/05
McGregorCouldSmellMyPu**y - 

I don't care for SAS but the more "mainstream" they get the more they'll have to deal with "uneducated" opinions. 

I disagree. What you are saying is true with regards to non-official UFC related content, but as far as official UFC content is concerned, they shouldn't have to "deal with it."
2/7/20 9:47 AM
8/8/18

GSP is reading this like "wat da fug" 

2/7/20 11:00 AM
1/1/12

He was giving an opinion piece. Who the fuck doesn't do that every after fight? Dana and the rest of you that are mad about it are mad because he was telling the truth. If you think that was the real outcome of that fight, you're fooling yourself. Cowboy isn't above getting paid. Don't be naive.

2/7/20 11:08 AM
2/20/19

The message was clear

They don't like it 

They don't want it here 

2/7/20 11:11 AM
1/24/16

LOL Egg is so full of it. He himself is the biggest fighter basher in the sport. Pot meet kettle or whatever the fuck it's called

2/7/20 11:12 AM
8/10/05
dinkledorf - 

LOL Egg is so full of it. He himself is the biggest fighter basher in the sport. Pot meet kettle or whatever the fuck it's called

point > /your_head
2/7/20 1:40 PM
1/11/17
Mynameisburns -
Left_Hook_Cemetery - 

There's a lot of shame and pain in this post. Are you even a fan of UFC? and who called black man "apes"? In your somewhat incoherent crying ass bitch post i was unable to follow your point

Shut the fuck up. Why are you so worked up by my opinions of those 2 clowns?

I am a fan of MMA. If you are a fan of "UFC", I guess I can see why you got so upset.

If you don't know "who called black man "apes"" (Are you a fucking caveman?) maybe you should look into it a little before jumping in to defend them, you dozy cunt.

2/7/20 2:13 PM
7/30/03
Fury2Feed - They are a bit too touchy about this particular fight. Hmm.

They want the narrative to be that Conor came in and destroyed an incredible opponent who was much bigger than him. Pointing out that Cowboy's performance was weak goes against their narrative and that is all that matters to them. There are plenty of times when Dana has bashed fighters himself. It all depends on the narrative that they want to go down in history.

2/7/20 3:02 PM
9/13/18
Left_Hook_Cemetery -
Mynameisburns -
Left_Hook_Cemetery - 

Shut the fuck up. Why are you so worked up by my opinions of those 2 clowns?

I am a fan of MMA. If you are a fan of "UFC", I guess I can see why you got so upset.

If you don't know "who called black man "apes"" (Are you a fucking caveman?) maybe you should look into it a little before jumping in to defend them, you dozy cunt.

That escalated quickly... 

2/7/20 3:21 PM
6/23/10

Dana and Rogan have both shit on fighters and neither of them have fought inside the cage, but if SAS makes a mild negative, albeit accurate, statement, they shit their pants?  Was what SAS said about Cowboy comparable to the shit Dana has said about Tito Ortiz in the past?  Was Cris Cyborg ever spoken ill of by these two?  Yet when an outsider makes a negative observation about one of their buddies, they pull this shit?  Fuck outta here.