UnderGround Forums DJ discusses Triple C

2/14/20 12:56 PM
1/1/01

ONE Championship contender Demetrious Johnson spoke recently with Danny Segura for MMA Junkie about a wide range of topics including UFC flyweight and bantamweight champion Henry Cejudo. WWE-esque antics put asses in seats in North America, something the respectful Johnson never attempted, but Cejudo has embraced with glee.

"I wasn't going to change. This is who I am, right? This is who I am," said Johnson. "I'm not going to put on a mask or pretend I'm somebody who I'm not. This is who I am. I'm a dude who likes to take care of his wife and kids. And then, when everybody's asleep, I get to play some video games. 'World of Warcraft' or 'PUBG,' and that's it. I go to the gym and I bust my ass. This is this who I am. I can relate to half of the people in the world, which is a hard-working man.

"So I'm happy that Henry Cejudo was able to do that and be able to be very successful defending the belt and going up and becoming the bantamweight champion as well. So, yeah, I mean, I'm happy he was able to do it."

"It was more entertaining when people came and told me, 'What the f*** is this dude doing? Is he really going to be fighting women now?' I'm like, 'Guys, don't worry about it. 'Triple C' is doing what he wants to do,' and then I go, 'He's doing exactly what he wants you to do. Just talk about him, right?'"

"Everyone thinks [the UFC is] the only home in the world. It's not the only one home in the world. You look at Sergio Pettis, he went on to Bellator, he's fighting at 135. I'm pretty sure he made a good penny. He probably got paid more than half of the flyweights on the UFC roster.

"So I mean, that's not the only home. Look at me; I'm over in ONE Championship. Look at Eddie Alvarez, he's over at ONE Championship. You look at Kyoji Horiguchi, he's at Rizin. Look at Lance Palmer, he's in PFL making a million dollars. He's made $2 million, right? There's many, many great organizations out in the world. And for people to think that there's only one that's going to make let you have a great living or whatever, you're living in a box."

Johnson, who won the ONE fFyweight GP last year, will fight ONE flyweight champion Adriano Moraes at ONE Infinity 1 in Jakarta, Indonesia on 4/10. It will be the first of four yearly "big tent" events ONE plans to put on going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpu4J5d-b_w?feature=oembed

2/14/20 1:27 PM
2/20/19

Always liked the guy 

2/14/20 1:36 PM
1/3/20

UFC is lowest common denominator entertainment. 

Edited: 2/14/20 3:52 PM
3/11/11

Respect to Mighty Mouse always.  That dude is a machine.  Deserves all the success in the world. Glad he is happy over at One

2/14/20 4:02 PM
4/11/10
Mr Nobody -

Always liked the guy 

2/14/20 5:55 PM
2/24/11

Fighters shouldn't be role models which makes  it even better that Demetrious is a great role model. 

2/14/20 6:05 PM
10/21/10

2/14/20 6:18 PM
7/28/02

Fortnite or go fuck your mother

2/14/20 6:44 PM
12/8/12

He did try to change...it flopped because nobody cared....has he ever thought that maybe Cejudo is more popular because he tried something his chickenshit ass wouldn't....Cejudo finishes MM if they cross paths again.

2/14/20 6:50 PM
8/20/03
Mr Nobody - 

Always liked the guy 

Ditto.

2/14/20 10:54 PM
8/24/15
Mr Nobody -

Always liked the guy 

I'd like him more if he didn't headline just about every ufc event in Sacramento for the last 10 years. I know its not his fault but we deserved something different once in a while. 

2/14/20 11:07 PM
8/20/03
Smilin like Rashad - 

He did try to change...it flopped because nobody cared....has he ever thought that maybe Cejudo is more popular because he tried something his chickenshit ass wouldn't....Cejudo finishes MM if they cross paths again.

You're a bit of a dickhead, aren't you?